2003 Cadillac DeVille miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Cadillac DeVille:

2003 Cadillac DeVille Owner Comments

Jul 142014

Keys have been recalled. NHTSA recall #14V355. Key rotation safety recall here. Dealers insist that I must bring in the car to get the 20 cent key part, else GM won't pay them. I don't have a spare 2 hours. GM could easily send me new keys or the 20 cent plastic pieces that I could insert myself. Dealers I've spoken with say this change in the center of gravity for the key ring isn't a complete solution, just a band-aid that will reduce the incidence. Please force GM to send replacement keys or justify the need to force owners to bring in their cars for a 20 cent plastic key modification.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Oct 072015

NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 GM is making a half-hearted "repair" by placing an insert into the key. I've four times requested they mail me the inserts. They refuse. I must bring in the car so the dealer can record the VIN or they won't get paid. I can't spend 2 hours traveling to a dealership and waiting for the key inserts. It's not a vehicle repair and GM doesn't need my vehicle. Just the keys! I have four keys in the hands of different family members. Gathering them and making a trip to the dealership is unreasonable. NHTSA should require GM to mail inserts to owners to place into the keys when requested.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Oct 082014

DeVille 8-cyl

I was told by city service queens New York that at long last that the recall part was ready to be installed and when I arrived the next morning appointment I was told that GM did not deliver the part. I'm at an in pass and very annoyed.

- Queens Village New York, NY, USA