2003 Cadillac DeVille transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Cadillac DeVille:

2003 Cadillac DeVille Owner Comments

Feb 012007

DeVille 8-cyl

I own a 2003 Cadillac Deville with 70,700 miles. The "service engine soon" warning light appeared on vehicle control panel February 1, 2007. Local car repair technician identified and cleared warning code. Suggested I take to Cadillac dealer if the warning light reappeared. Warning light came on again wed, February 7, 2007. I made an appointment with repair shop on February 9, 2007. The torque converter, seals, gaskets and valve were replaced and the car was repaired. Old part was not given to me. My concern is this same repair has been necessary for two other Cadillac Deville car owners that I personally know within the past two years. One vehicle had approximately 60,000 miles on it while the other had 150,000. When speaking with the Cadillac customer service associate, I was told there was no recall for my vehicle. They were not interested in details of my repair or concern for a possible defect.

- Willow Springs, MO, USA