2.9

2004 Cadillac DeVille brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Cadillac DeVille:

2004 Cadillac DeVille Owner Comments

May 062008

DeVille 8-cyl

L rear brake on 04 Cadillac Deville started smoking and emitting strong odor. Had car towed to dealership for warranty repair. Dealership called me to advise that this would not be covered by warranty since brakes are a normal maintenance item. Quoted me a price of $433 & asked if they should go ahead w/ repairs< I responded that I'd pick the car up & take it elsewhere, they responded that it would not be safe to drive, so I authorized the repair.service person stated that emergency brake S/B set frequently or the cable will seize.J I haven'seen anything in the owners manual stating that emergency brake S/B set frequently. I've owned many autos and don't recallever setting the emergency brake, yet have never ever had the brakes seize up. Service person also stated that this happens often with Deville.

- Fenton, MI, USA