2004 Cadillac DeVille brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Cadillac DeVille:

2004 Cadillac DeVille Owner Comments

Sep 202013

DeVille

The contact owns a 2004 Cadillac Deville. The contact stated while driving approximately 4 mph, the brake pedal sank into the floorboard and the vehicle failed to slow down after numerous attempts. The vehicle continued to accelerate into an intersection where another vehicle crashed in the driver's side. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact suffered from whiplash which required medical treatment. The driver in the other vehicle was transported to the hospital. A police report was filed of the incident. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to the contact's residence. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 115,000.

- Wanatah, IN, USA

May 232013

DeVille 8-cyl

I was leaving a restaurant and as I was crossing the intersection my car shut off, I got it started and as I got to the red light it shut off again so had to keep my foot on the brake and gas at the same time. Once I got back on the interstate I had no more problems. About 6 months later I was at mcdonalds drive-thru at 2am when my car shut off, I coasted into the closest parking space and my car locked up and I had no power at all and I was locked inside I manually unlocked my door got out of my car and I had to call aaa. My car would not crank when aaa man tried to jump under the hood, he had to take my backseat out to jump start it, he got it started and he told me he couldn't understand what happened. On another occasion my gas pedal sticks and I had to pull over and shut my car off and I waited about 5 minutes and started my car up and it was fine after that, and my car still shuts off most when I am idling or going slow thru town and my service stability warning steady runs, I turn the reset button and it comes back on, please help me fix these problems because I love my car.

- Georgetown, SC, USA