1.6

hardy worth mentioning

2005 Cadillac DeVille suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Cadillac DeVille:

2005 Cadillac DeVille Owner Comments

Aug 122012

DeVille

I backed out of my driveway, shifted to drive, began driving on my street and the wheel came off and the car hit the ground. The drivers side ball joint broke. Had I been on the freeway, this would have caused a multi-car accident with injury and or death to many people. Oem ball joints, especially on an expensive car like a Cadillac Deville, should have a lifetime or the same life expectancy as the other major components, including the frame. It is an engineering defect (inferior metal strength and quality) for a ball joint on a Cadillac to "break" for no reason. It should be forbidden and punitive for a balljoint on a Cadillac to break before 300,000 miles. Why should consumers be forced to play russian roulette with their lives"??" a good quality product that is permanently lubed as in the Cadillac line, should be reliable for the life of the vehicle. Anything else is the same as attempted murder and should be forbidden or punished. The public must be protected from this type of suicidal journey in a reasonably new vehicle that has been maintained.

- Palm Springs, CA, USA