4.0

1997 Cadillac Eldorado electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Cadillac Eldorado:

1997 Cadillac Eldorado Owner Comments

Oct 212006

Eldorado ETS

I was charged $962.00 for this 90,000 mile check up, when I really only wanted to change the oil & filter. I also wanted the dealer to find the problem with the battery being dicharged when it sits, this was 2 months ago. The Cadillac dealer checked the car 10 months ago as I understand it they told me it was a bad battery cable connection, and it was ok for about 7 months, before it started draining the battery again. Who in the world would program a computer to discharge a battery because there is some electrical problem, this is nonesense. I always thought that the dealers computer when hooked up to the computer on the car could pin point where the problem was then the mechanic would simply fix that problem, I guess I was wrong, it appears that it tells them there is a problem and thats it. I COULD HAVE TOLD THEM THAT.

Thank You, I hope you can find me a solution.

Russ Todd