2002 Cadillac Escalade brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Cadillac Escalade:

2002 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Jun 252003

Escalade 8-cyl

Rear brakes wore out with over 50% of front pads remaining. Ive owned over 30 cars and trucks in my life and this is a first. Dealer tells me itS normal. Since historically 99.99% of all vehicles perform 80% of braking with the front brakes it seems that there is something wrong with the brake balancing system on my car. Asked for Cadillac to put in writing that this is how these brakes were designed. They told me they donT do that. When I put my 3 year old & 2 year old little girls in this car I want to know that it is safe and Cadillac is willing to say so in writing. I donT believe the brake system is right.

- Longmont, CO, USA