2002 Cadillac Escalade engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Cadillac Escalade:

2002 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Aug 282007

Escalade 8-cyl

On 08/27/2007 my stability control system light was on in the dash board of my veicle, approached traffic light tried to stop and the brakes would not work, then the vehicle accelarated on its own. For the grace of god I was able to avoid an accident due to the traffic being light. I had my 2002 Cadillac Escalade towed to the nearest Cadillac service shop(ken dixon, waldorf md) in the area at the time. Dealer advised an issue with the ABS and the stability control uni adv cost of repair $2600 or more, advised by dealer no recall on either of these issues. To date nothing has been done, the dealer still has the vehicle and has yet to return any of my calls in reference to my claim. Items of issue service brakes, hydraulic: Antilock- control unit/module-components-sensors vehicle speed control -linkage suspension which involves the stability control (asc)

- Upper , MD, USA