2003 Cadillac Escalade brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Cadillac Escalade:

2003 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Aug 022011

Escalade 8-cyl

Electronic stability control problem on the 2003 Cadillac Escalade traction control light comes on, ABS light comes on, service stability control alarm comes on. When it is not one alarm or the other it is all. Replaced hubs, shocks, sensors, compressor several times, worked on system grounds for electrical, etc. Problem sometime will go away for a few thousand miles then returns. Cadillac mechanics stumped.started when vehicle had almost 80,000 miles now has 146,000 and it is constant problem and large amounts of money. Seems problem cannot be fixed and I do not want to spend more money on it.....

- Espanola, NM, USA

Jan 102013

The contact owns a 2003 Cadillac Escalade. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, the stability control and reduced engine power warning messages illuminated as the vehicle decelerated independently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnosis but the cause for the failure was undetermined. The vehicle had not been repaired. The VIN was unavailable. The failure and current mileage was 130,000.\

- Irvine, CA, USA

Dec 152010

Escalade 8-cyl

The battery in my Escalade had been dying on me for a while. One day, my gauges all stayed stuck as if I was driving on the freeway. I drove it for a while until I was tired of jump-starting it almost everyday and I finally replaced the battery.the gauges all stayed the same. A few days went by and the battery started to die again. I realized that this was more than just a battery problem. I drove it 5 miles away from my place on the freeway and as I was coming back home it started to decelerate all on it's own. It marked "system stability disabled" and would not let me go over 25 mph. I have not driven it since November and would like to know what is going on with this. I read about a recall but this problem was supposed to be fixed since 2002 when the recall notice was sent out. As I have read the descriptions on what people's problems with this same type of vehicle was, I notice that it is exactly what is going on with my vehicle. (BCM recall 2002 #02066).

- Sunnyside, WA, USA

Nov 172007

Escalade 8-cyl

Electronic control stability system has not works since vehicle was new. I have taken to the deal under warranty over 15 times. Unable to correct problem.

- Southboro, MA, USA