NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings Problems

2003 Cadillac Escalade brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Cadillac Escalade:

2003 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Aug 242014

Escalade 8-cyl

I was on I 75 passing under miller rd in flint, mi when traffic started to back up and slow down. I applied the brakes and the car stated to slow down, the brake peddle then went to the floor and I had no brakes. I was able to down shift to 1st gear and get to the side of the road. The car slowed down to where I could get it into reverse to stop it. We where so lucky! I got it to a Cadillac dealer in dearborn, mi and found out that the main brake line had rusted through. I had all the brake line replace. I have major concerns that there are thousands of GM vehicles with this problem still on the road. I have since been told that GM had a brake line material problem during the early 2000 that lead to rusting out of the lines. Please look into this for the safety of others. The dealer was les stanford Cadillac updated 10/9/15

- Dearborn, MI, USA