8.0

2004 Cadillac Escalade electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Cadillac Escalade:

2004 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Feb 112015

Escalade UT 6.0L

SINCE SOMETIME IN 2011. MY BATTERY WOULD DIE AND I REPLACED A FEW BATTERIES BEFORE I FIGURED OUT HOW TO PREVENT THE BATTERY FROM BEING DRAINED. THIS HAS BEEN AN ON GOING THING AND NO ONE CAN SEEM TO MAKE IT STOP. I FIGURED OUT HOW TO PREVENT THE PROBLEM BUT NOT HOW TO FIX IT.

IF I SIT IN MY CAR, LIKE TO DROP SOMEONE OFF AND WAIT FOR THEM, WITH THE KEY IN THE CAR. THEN WHEN I TURN THE KEY, THE CAR WILL NOT START. IT DRAINS THE BATTERY. I HAVE TO JUMP START IT.

NOW IF I NEED TO WAIT IN MY CAR, I TAKE THE KEY OUT OF THE IGNITION. OPEN AND SHUT THE DOOR AND THEN IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

IT'S A PAIN IN THE BUT, IF I FORGET TO DO THAT IT HAPPENS. I HAVE TESTED THIS DOING THAT AT MY MECHANICS SHOP SO, I KNOW IT THE ONLT SOLUTION FOR NOW.

I LOVE MY CAR AND I WOULD BE SO HAPPY IF I COULD SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

- , Marina, CA, USA