2008 Cadillac Escalade brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Cadillac Escalade:

2008 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Jul 072013

I was driving along at about 45 mph and the RPM S revved up the car wouldn't shift into third.I had to pull over switch the car off and restart it after that it drove fine. Since then at times it shifts hard into first and second and it will get stuck in second sometimes. After I pull over and restart the car it stops. Also the stabilatrack light keeps coming on. I also have a problem with the left side running board not closing.

- Goose Creek, SC, USA

Feb 212015

My vehicle was parked completely off, when an alarm type of sound started ringing. I looked at my car and I see smoke inside by the dash board, I called my husband and he rushes outside and grabbed a tool. He opened up the hood and alot more smoke came out, he disconnected the battery with the tool and my uncle grabbed the hose and water down the engine part of the car. The fire went out and I right away contact me insurnace.the whole electrical fuse box is burn and im not sure what else is damage in the dash board.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Aug 082009

Service engine trouble code causes engine power reduced to 10%. when the GM computer gets a C1214 trouble code, the factory program reduces engine power to 10%. this has happened to me several times on the interstate highway system. The vehicle will not let you go more than 30 miles per hour. This is a severe safety defect, who cares if the stability/traction control is inoperative, there is no reason to imperil the occupants with a vehicle that will not get out of its own way. I own and have owned many vehicles without stability/traction control and after 1,000,000 miles I have yet to end up side down! you need force GM to correct this line of computer code to allow reasonable performance.

- Dobbs Ferry, NY, USA