1.7

2008 Cadillac Escalade drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Cadillac Escalade:

2008 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Jul 072013

Escalade

I was driving along at about 45 mph and the RPM S revved up the car wouldn't shift into third.I had to pull over switch the car off and restart it after that it drove fine. Since then at times it shifts hard into first and second and it will get stuck in second sometimes. After I pull over and restart the car it stops. Also the stabilatrack light keeps coming on. I also have a problem with the left side running board not closing.

- Goose Creek, SC, USA

May 012013

Escalade

I also had to have my transmission tore down and have the torque converter replaced and some other things in the transmission fixed. My gears would get stuck in 2nd gear and wouldn't change. I had to stop on the interstate and attempt to restart, but I couldn't get it out of 2nd. Sometimes when I would shift to manual it would not go back into "D" drive. My handles to open the door also broke off.

- Sylva, NC, USA

Nov 292011

Escalade

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Escalade. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for routine maintenance where they detected the transmission dipstick tube fractured. The vehicle was also taken to an authorized dealer who stated the transmission dipstick tube and dipstick would need to be replaced. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 73,000.

- Ashville, OH, USA