2008 Cadillac Escalade seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Cadillac Escalade:

2008 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Escalade

Takata recall: Why hasn't this been resolved" the issue was identified in may, 2016!!! what are the Cadillac folks doing to answer this danger" this delay is unacceptable, and, should I, or anyone driving my car, become involved in an accident where additional damage(s) or harm occurs due to rupture of the airbag inflators, I will take all legal action necessary.

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Escalade

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Escalade. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V383000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Rockville, IN, USA

Escalade

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Escalade. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags) and stated that the remedy and the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Aug 082016

Escalade

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Escalade. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V383000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/04/16

- Petersburg, IL, USA

May 242015

Escalade

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Escalade. While driving at 35 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated constantly. The manufacturer suggested taking the vehicle to the authorized dealer to be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 97,000.

- Morristown, NJ, USA

Dec 152013

Escalade

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Escalade. The contact stated that while driving approximately 10 mph, she unexpectedly crashed into a snow mound. The air bags deployed although there was no significant impact to the vehicle. The contact was not injured. The vehicle was driven from the scene without any damages. A police report was not filed. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 56,000.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Dec 282011

Escalade 8-cyl

After I left my girlfriend house I got on the interstate and started traveling to work. I was on interstate 59 South and 20 West for about 15 minutes. The conditions outside were cold and dry. I was traveling at 70 mph in far left lane on the road when I was approaching the avenue I exit my roof rail airbags deployed on me. When they deployed on me, the pressure from the airbags pushed against my head and through me against the center console in my Escalade but it was a good thing I was wearing a seat belt because the seat belt caught me and kept me from getting thrown out my seat. Also the seat belt caught me right under my neck causing a long scar under it. When the airbags deployed it also cause me to swerve left almost hitting the retainer wall that they have on the interstate and that's when onstar came on and ask me if I was alright and continued to talk to me until the police came and did the incident report. After the police did the report I called in at work and drove the SUV home and took it to the dealership. The incident according to my clock happened around 4:30am if not a little earlier.

- Cottondale, AL, USA