2012 Cadillac Escalade steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Cadillac Escalade:

2012 Cadillac Escalade Owner Comments

Aug 282013

Escalade 8-cyl

On the indicated date my wife and I were driving from dallas, tx to ann arbor, mi. My wife was driving and we were on I-44 approx. 20 miles South of rolla, mo. At highway speed we experienced sudden and repeated loss of electrical power and related power systems. This was evidenced by door locks repeatedly clicking on and off, navigation system failure, air conditioning failure, stabilitrack failure and lack of power steering. My wife was able to control the vehicle and after several calls to onstar and the use of our cell phones we were able to locate a dealer in rolla. We "?limped?? into the dealer after experiencing several more adverse failure incidents. The dealer checked out the vehicle and could not identify the cause through running his diagnostics. He concluded that the battery was defective and replaced it allowing us to continue our trip. Unfortunately this exact same issue recurred on June 21, 2014 while driving at highway speeds in the dallas, tx area and again, twice, driving at approx. 40 mph in frisco, tx on June 23, 2014. The local dealer serviced the vehicle on those dates and replaced the negative battery cable. During the past several weeks I have had numerous conversations with GM customer care seeking assurances that this was a known problem and that the latest ??fix?" was going to permanently correct this safety and reliability problem. Unfortunately, I have not been satisfied that this problem has been permanently fixed. I am concerned that we will have a re-occurrence of this problem in the future.

- Frisco, TX, USA