2004 Cadillac SRX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Cadillac SRX:

2004 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 162010

Electrical stability system engaged & electrical issues.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 262010

I have a 2004 Cadillac Srx that continually gives me a "stability control engaged" on the navigation system screen. When this happens the brakes start to lock. I have done some research on the internet and have found that this is a common problem with the 2004. The dealership can not find the problem to fix it and suggested I get new tires that came from GM back on the car instead of the tires I have now that have been on the car for a year. If the tires were a problem, it should have started a year ago when I got new tires. I have had the tires rebalanced and proper air put in them and the problem still exists. I have talked with several tire experts and no one has ever heard that you can only put one type of tire on the Cadillac's. I put the same size just a different brand to quite the road noise in the car. I don't know who to turn to at this point. It makes is very uncomfortable driving a car when you do not know when this will engage and make the car feel unstable. I'm afraid to let my wife drive it at this time and this is our family car.

- Rancho Mirage, CA, USA

Jun 052010

Cadillac Srx 2004, the stabilizer keeps engaging and when it engages, it jerks the car, it makes the car swerve. It engages without notice and if you are not paying attention when it engages, you lose control of the car.

- Acworth , GA, USA

Feb 012009

Stabilizing system engaged continually causing vehicle to slow down and strange grinding noise if attempt to stop. Happens daily, at dealer nothing was found wrong, but they are aware of the problem.

- Inglewood, CA, USA

Oct 102009

SRX 8-cyl

We purchased a 2004 V8 AWD Cadillac Srx soon after we got it the stability control system began to come on. It has caused us to jerk the wheel while driving at high speeds B/C it came on and pulled the car to the opposite way. When we brake the steering wheel locks up and is hard for us to control causing us to almost running into other vehicles. During this time both my right and left rear hub assemblies went out we believe the system turning on and off caused this. We have had both hub assemblies replaced new tires added on and had all tires aligned hoping this would solve the problem. To our surprise this did not solve the problem it just keeps on recurring we do not know what to do. We believe there should be a recall B/C alot of people are complaining and this could cause an accident. Does someone have to be hurt in order for something to be done about it. Thank you for your time I hope to hear back from you on this situation.

- Baxley, GA, USA

Jan 102010

My 2004 Cadillac Srx has stability system engaged keeps coming on and I feel vibration. I took it to the dealer and can't find any reading on the onboard computer. They say there's no manufacturer information on this problem. Dealer can't do anything about it. They even drove the car home to verify the problem and they stability system engaged lite came on but can't get reading from car's on board computer.

- Vallejo, CA, USA

May 112010

SRX 6-cyl

While merging on to the interstate approx 2 miles from my starting place, the "stability system engaged" message came on to my display screen. This had happened to me before on a dry/warm road. I cleared the message and continued down the interstate. Approx. 5 miles down the road the message came on again, there was a grinding vibration in the breaks and the vehicle locked. It slowed to about 45 mph before I was able to use the steering wheel/accelerator again. The message then changed to "service stability system" and the check engine light began flashing. The grinding continued and I drove 45 the remainder of the way to my destination.

- Silver Point, TN, USA

Apr 112010

Stability light warning comes on, mechanic cannot find a defect. However, started locking up front wheels when turning. Makes a grinding noise. So far no major issues, but could be very dangerous if it locks at the wrong time. I have 4 small children, concerned about safety of this issue. Cannot seem to get it fixed. Occurs about once daily, usually when turning out of a stop to the left (?). nothing has been replaced, as there seems to be no defect found by the mechanic. Living in germany, mechanic is GM certified.

- Apo, AE, USA

Apr 092010

When driving under normal conditions the stability control activates with out provocation causing loss of control of the vehicle. The latest occurred 4/09/2010 the stability control activated under dry weather excellent driving conditions causing the vehicle to pull hard to the left and go into limp mode. I researched the internet to find that many owners of Cadillac Srx's are experiencing same condition. I've had the vehicle at Cadillac dealership 3 times in the last 120 days each time told that the vehicle had been repaired only to find the problem still exists.

- Oroville, CA, USA

Jul 072009

The contact owns a 2004 Cadillac Srx. The contact was driving approximately 65 mph on normal road conditions when the "stability control" warning light indicator illuminated on the instrument panel. There was noise outside of the vehicle, followed by the brake system locking. The vehicle began to skid in one direction for few seconds. The driver was able to gain control and continue operation. The failures occurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for inspection on three separate occasions for the identical failures and the technicians were unable to duplicate the failures. Recently, the vehicle was repaired at the authorized dealer for the malfunctions. The failure mileage was 66,000. The current mileage was 67,000.

- St. Peters , MO, USA

May 132009

2004 Cadillac Srx. While driving vehicle it's "stability system engages" and brakes the vehicle by itself. This unintentional braking happen at any speed and road conditions. On icy or wet roads it is particularly dangerous as the car will pull strongly to the left and could easily cause an accident. The public should be made aware of this problem. This happens constantly and actually wears out the brakes.

- Greenwood Lake, NY, USA