NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock: Control Unit/Module Problems

2004 Cadillac SRX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Cadillac SRX:

2004 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Mar 012013

SRX 6-cyl

In march2013 I almost had an accident because my brakes would not stop the vehicle, I swerved over to the side and hit the curb a bit. I bought the car in Feb 2012. It always had the system balance light to come on so I decided to take it to see what was wrong with it. I took it to General Motors in omha nebraksa 114th Dodge street. They test drove it and said they did not find anything wrong with it except that I needed new rotors and brakes. I told them about this recall and how my brake problem falls into this and they said they looked up my VIN number and that it was already fixed. I said well this needs to be done over because this could potentially could cause an accident. They explained that my brakes needed to be fixed. I disagree here is the recall infor which certainly is what is happening to my car. I don't even have to touch my brakes for the computer to take over the car and cause it to go off balance and cause swerving service brakes, hydraulic:antilock:control unit/module recall number: 04V151000 recall date: 03/29/2004 problem summary: On certain passenger vehicles equipped with all wheel drive, the antilock brake system (ABS) may improperly temporarily isolate the driver from the foundation brake system for a maximum of 1.25 seconds. Consequence: This can cause in an increase in braking distance, which could result in a crash. Corrective action: Dealers will reprogram the ABS traction control system controller. Owner notification began on May 10, 2004. Owners should contact Cadillac at 1-866-982-2339. The manufacturer first notified owners of this recall on 05/10/2004. This recall affects vehicles manufactured between 03/01/2003 and 01/31/2004.

- Omaha, NE, USA