1.6

2006 Cadillac SRX drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Cadillac SRX:

2006 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Oct 162016

SRX

The contact owns a 2006 Cadillac Srx. While accelerating from a stop at approximately 5 mph, the "traction control engaged " warning message appeared. The vehicle independently went into four wheel drive mode and would not accelerate. It felt as if the anti-lock brake was engaged. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was driven to a mechanic and the steering angle position sensor was replaced, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Shallotte, NC, USA

Apr 072016

SRX

Random traction control engagement and stability system both noted in radio -- but no conditions to warrant it and no codes to explain it--when checked nothing found. Causes dangerous unexpected slowing of vehicle both at initial acceleration and turning which is contrary to what would be expected by surrounding traffic. Then sluggish w deceleration but no check light and mechanic can't figure. Now will only drive forward, can't drive or even push in reverse. This event was preceded by loss of acceleration on highway (sluggish) -- also dangerous and still ni engine light!

- Durango, CO, USA

Jun 092011

SRX 6-cyl

The 3.6L motor leaks so much oil that when it gets low it creates a misfire condition and cause the vehicle misfire light to come on and power loss to happen. Check your oil often!!!!

- Lehigh, IA, USA

Jun 152014

SRX 6-cyl

At low speeds when pulling out of a driveway or taking off from a stop sign or traffic light my 2006 Cadillac Srx traction control engages and almost stops my vehicle in the middle of the road. I have almost been hit several times by other drivers because of this problem. I took my Cadillac to a local GM dealership (dale earnhardt Chevrolet) in newton nc. On my first visit to the dealer they found a multiple misfire (code P300) and a faulty oil pressure sensor (code P0521 & code P0523). I was told by the dealership that the misfire was causing the traction control to engage, so they changed all the spark plugs and changed the faulty oil pressure sensor. When I picked up the Cadillac from them and drove it home the traction control continued to engage several times. I returned my Cadillac for the second time to the same dealership the next day. They scanned the vehicle computer for codes again but could not find any and could not duplicate what I was describing that the vehicle does. I returned home with my Cadillac and drove it for several more days. The traction control continued to engage and when my family was almost involved in another crash I took it back to dale earnhardt Chevrolet for the third time. They test drove it again but still they couldn't get the traction control to engage. They contacted General Motors this time. General Motors told them to update the PCM and apply dielectric grease to the ebcm connectors and clean the terminals and test drive. The dealership completed the work and test drove it for a whole weekend. When I picked up my Cadillac they told me everything should be ok now. On my home the traction control engaged again several times. That was on 07/21/2014. I have spent close to 1,000 dollars on this problem and I don't think the vehicle is save for me and my family to drive anymore. I have no idea what to do now.

- Taylorsville, NC, USA

Aug 182013

SRX 6-cyl

Check engine light was on. A code scan shows a single error code P0008, which indicates an elongation of timing chains. The repair cost is estimated at $1800 level. I bought it as a GM pep car, and since keep a good record of maintenance (oil changes) at the dealer. There is never an accident involved.

- Troy, MI, USA

Jul 222009

SRX 6-cyl

Car was not accelerating properly, loud engine noise, lurching forward while stopped, when driving car shakes, vehicle is hesitating ride not smooth. Check engine light appeared. Also left turn signal flashes too fast. 2006 Srx timing chain and related components replaced 07/09 and again 01/11. Replaced left turn signal bulb and socket. No explanation given as to why either occurred.

- New Providence, NJ, USA

Aug 272010

SRX

2006 Cadillac Srx was running perfect with no "check engine light", car stalled in middle of a 2 lane road. Could not restart. Had car towed to dealer. Dealer told me timing chain broke and the gears attached to the motor broke. End result was a completely new motor at 7000 dollars.

- Summerfield, NC, USA