2.1

hardy worth mentioning

2006 Cadillac SRX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Cadillac SRX:

2006 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Jul 142011

SRX

The contact owns a 2006 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated that while accelerating, the reduced power to engine warning light flashed on the dashboard. The contact was driving 65 mph when the vehicle suddenly reduced speed to 20 mph, almost causing a crash. The contact stated that once the vehicle was shut off and restarted, the vehicle would then reset itself and resume normally. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and the dealer was unable to duplicate or locate the failure because the check engine light was not illuminated at the time. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Vestal, NY, USA

Dec 182010

SRX 6-cyl

The timing chain/belt in 2006 Cadillac Srx is defective. It could be the crank shaft rubbing on the timing chain. I called GM there is a recall for 2007 - 2010 the response I received was how long do I expect GM to own my vehicle. I have spoke to several car dealers who tell me this is a problem with this year and model and fixing it will not stop it from happening again. The estimate from the dealer is $3500 I am very upset over this.

- Port Crane, NY, USA