2006 Cadillac SRX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Cadillac SRX:

2006 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Sep 012016

SRX 8-cyl

The contact owned a 2006 Cadillac Srx. While driving various speeds, the vehicle hit a curb and drove into a building. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was deemed destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 77,814. Updated 10/26/16

- Happy Valley, OR, USA

Sep 232014

SRX

The contact owns a 2006 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the engine stalled and veered to the right. As a result, the vehicle crashed into a guardrail and suddenly veered to the left. The vehicle landed on grass and the air bags failed to deploy. The driver sustained injuries to the left side of the neck, the leg and the ribs. The front passenger sustained an injury to the left arm. The driver and front passenger did not require medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The contact received NHTSA campaign 14V394000 (electrical system) and believed the crash was related to the recall. The approximate failure mileage was 60,700.

- Fort Lauderdale , FL, USA

May 012014

SRX 6-cyl

My wife's 2006 Cadillac Srx steering wheel module inflatable cover is sticky. Once you touch it with your finger it becomes attach to the steering wheel cover. I have the same problem with my 2001 Chevrolet corvette ODI confirmation number 10585936. I believe this this is a safety issue since it affects steering of the vehicle and inflatable air restraint system.

- Hypoluxo, FL, USA

Jun 022012

SRX 6-cyl

The air bag warning light started coming on intermittently. It would also stay off for a day or two. As it started staying on for longer periods, I took it to cox Chevrolet, bradenton, fl, where I had purchased it. After charging me $110 using "evidence based" methods to track down the problem, they informed me that the air bag sensor/ control module was bad, and would cost an additional $600 to repair. They left the backing off the passenger seat, lying on the rear seat. They said it was the passenger seat module that was bad. I thought it strange, since the seat is only rarely occupied. It also surprised me when they told me the whole airbag system was inoperable, until I replaced the module. It seems strange that a bad module, in an unused seat, would shut down the whole system. They knew right where to look, obviously. I checked for issues with 2006 Cadillac, and found recall #84734 airbags frontal sensor / control module for the 2005-2007 cts-V Cadillac. Same issue, same sensor? I am concerned that poor quality parts that are controlling major safety features, is endangering my family, every time I use this product, and wonder if anything can be done.

- Bradenton, FL, USA