2008 Cadillac SRX accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Cadillac SRX:

2008 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Apr 212014

SRX 6-cyl

I was driving my Srx back to work on airport rd in waterford Michigan at 40mph. There was no traffic within view of me when all of the sudden my sunroof exploded dropping glass all over my interior and myself. I was unharmed other than a few very small pieces scratching my arm. I looked on the internet to find that this has happened to other owners however when I and other have called GM to discuss the problem we all get the same answer."I have never heard of that happening" I believe that this is yet another manufacturer problem with GM and they are dodging it.

- Waterford, MI, USA

Oct 072011

Car was parked in garage and the moonroof was opened earlier in the day with no issues. There were no cracks at all in the moonroof and no rocks had hit the vehicle. As the car was parked in our garage with our 1 year old daughter still in her car seat and my husband and I were at the front of the garage, the moonroof shattered and the glass got all over the interior of the car. Again, there were no signs of glass and or wear on the actual moonroof during the day. Cadillac's moonroof department stated that it may have been due to a temperature change. This is ridiculous since we live in New Hampshire and the weather was a perfect 64 degrees and our garage was around 75. You assume that the glass in your car could withstand most situations. This could have been a major incident if we would have been driving on the highway when this happened and there are 6 other known cases of this on the safely website. I uploaded a video at

- Derry, NH, USA