NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

4.6

2010 Cadillac SRX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Cadillac SRX:

2010 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Nov 012015

SRX

2010 Cadillac Srx "service stabilitrac" light has been coming on for the last year. I've had the shop who ran the code. The code came back as possible fail but inconclusive. The mechanic checked all fuses and entire breaking system and found nothing in need of repair and all systems working properly. To replace the part that "maybe causing" the warning to come on would cost me up to $1200.

- Covington, LA, USA

Dec 252016

SRX

Stabilitrak warning comes on and stays on. While on and making a sharp turn feels like the tires are trying to grip the road like there's no traction. This happens on sunny days with no precipitation. Also can not pick up speed. The stabilitrak warnings been on now for 2 weeks since the last time it rained. I find I'm burning gas quicker since it's on. Also sometimes my transmission won't shift into 2nd gear. It happens mainly when slowing down and goes back down to 1st gear but when I accelerate it won't shift back up. It also drops back into first while driving at a steady speed-not slowing down. I have to pull over and put in park then put back in drive in order for it to shift gears. It's scary when this happens on the highway because I have to get to the shoulder because the RPM's shoot way up and I don't want to damage the engine but I don't want to cause an accident either. I've seen recalls for this year and model for this exact same issue but my VIN is not on the recall list. I think this is highly unfair. These issues have been going on since I bought this vehicle in January 2016.

- Camden, NJ, USA

Oct 222015

SRX

I have had my car 6 years and it has been in the shop over and over from the engine lights, stabilize bar, power steering, transmission problem, anti lock brake and traction control light, security light, catalytic convertor, would not start, remote not detected, sunroof leaks, oil leak, seat belt, brakes problem, gas mile not accurate,

- Canton, MI, USA

Mar 192015

SRX

I took my 2010 Srx into dealership due to a loud roaring noise and vibration in the vehicle at 50-60 mph. Dealership advised that tires needed to be replaced and vehicle aligned. Tires had less than 30,000 miles on them. All tires were replaced and vehicle aligned ($1000+). approximately 2 - 3 weeks later, I noticed a loss of power in the vehicle when trying to accelerate. Additionally, while stopped at a stop sign or light, vehicle sputtered and shook like it was going to die. This happened on several different occasions. Stability trac light come on during this time but then went out. 05.01.15, the vehicle completely lost all power to accelerate over 40 mph and has an awful roaring noise. 05.05.15, the vehicle was towed to the dealership & is currently there. Received call from dealership that the wheel hub bearings need to be replaced @ $1,100+. I am not happy with this solution & do not believe is will fix the current issues with my vehicle, as I should not be having a bearing issue @ 70K miles. I now believe that something more was wrong to have caused my tires to have worn so quickly and poorly. Further, there is moisture buildup in both of my headlamps that I predict will cause problems after reading previous consumer complaints without gms acknowledgement.

- Angleton, TX, USA

Dec 052013

SRX 6-cyl

Water drain from moon roof separated and water fluid ed the vehicle short in out many components. Took in for service had to pay $1900. This should have been covered I feel that this repair should have been completed at no cost to me. Being that there were at least five other vehicles in the same dealer repair shop at the same time. Spoke to the technician repairing the car before mine and was told he knew actually what the problem was. He showed me that the drain tube came from the factory pulled to short and tight and when there is a heavy rain the run off caused the tubing that run down the front windshield end pillars to separate which then leads to water filling the interior cabin of the vehicle, in between the doors, over the dash and it's interior components, down into the lift gate and onto the interior flooring which it had and flooding it.

- Brockton, MA, USA

Apr 232009

SRX

The whole car is a shame. Wiring harness fell and melted, lost brakes, computer wouldn't allow car to start, stabili track, power steering, radiator all failed. No side panels installed in door jams.

- Reno, NV, USA