2010 Cadillac SRX wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Cadillac SRX:

2010 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Aug 072016

What sounded like a power steering issue turned out to be a big problem with the left front hub assembly. Only if I made a hard turn would the car sound like there was grinding. I did not need to be braking for the sound to occur. Soft turns did not result in the grinding noise. Thinking that it might be the brakes, we took it to a pep boys service station. The mechanic immediately called us back to show us "a bigger problem than we thought". of the three hub assembly bolts, one was missing and the other two were loose and on their way to falling out. The mechanic asked if we had had any front end work done. We had not. We suspect the bolts were not installed correctly when the car was made and over time the bolts had worked their way loose to the point that the rotor had obvious play, causing the grinding noise. I shudder to think what could have happened and consider myself very lucky that I didn't lose the wheel off of the car, especially since I was on the highway only the day before. We consider this episode to be a near-miss safety issue.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Oct 242011

SRX 6-cyl

I purchased my 2010 Srx (used) in Oct 2011 from king Acura in birmingham, al. It had 23,000 miles on it at time of purchase. From the date of purchase I have had an issue with a rubbing noise when the wheels are turned to the left or right. The noise seems to be worse when the vehicle is cold. I have had the vehicle inspected at our local Cadillac dealership, and though they did hear the rubbing noise, the technicians were unable to determine a cause. In addition to being very annoying, especially after paying premium prices for a luxury vehicle, I am concerned there may be a structural problem that will result in accident and injury. I am taking the vehicle back to the dealership, but I fear it is a futile effort as the mechanics seem to have no idea what is causing this noise. Is this issue common, and if so, is it being researched and addressed by the engineers at Cadillac? someone please address this and provide a fix! if a fix has been determined, please provide instructions on the procedures for having this problem resolved as soon as possible.

- Eastaboga, AL, USA