2011 Cadillac SRX electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Cadillac SRX:

2011 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Aug 122016

The passenger side headlight has moisture in it and does not work. This appears to be a common problem with some owners reportedly losing both head lamps do to this problem. Extremely dangerous. One person on the Cadillac forum reported that there were 30,000 post regarding this problem. Going back several years. This appears to be an ongoing design problem that GM refuses to acknowledge. The cost to fix is about $1500 per lamp.

- Richmond, TX, USA

Jul 292016

My wife was going to leave the house yesterday (7/29/2016) morning to start her day. She called to notify me that the Cadillac would not start. The car was parked in the driveway. Only the interior lights would come on. By the time I got home that afternoon the car would start but anything electronic was going crazy. The dash lights, radio, warning systems were all flickering on and off. I eventually disconnected the battery because the car would not stop powering up the dash and radio. Being in the business that I am in, I knew there was most likely a moisture problem. So today after doing a little searching on the internet and found that this vehicle has a problem with sunroof leakage. I then go to check under my floor mats for water. Carpet was wet. I then proceeded to pull back the carpet and foam. I found water everywhere. I sucked up about 2 gallons from the front and back seat areas. Without pulling up the carpet you would have never know there was water in the car. I would assume this is also the reason my lift gate went out about 6 months ago. Possibly the cause of my windows being very slow to rise. Because it looks like much of the wiring runs along the sides of the car under the carpet. I am very disappointed with the performance of the this car. My wife and I made it to place in life where we finally decided to splurge a little on a luxury car and this is what we got. I understand things breaking down and making repair, S but this is apparently a flaw in their sunroof design and GM has to know about it. This car has 48000 miles.

- Gallatin, TN, USA

May 282016

Lift gate failed to open. According to warranty company water leaked from the sunroof from the drains onto the liftgate motor and shorted it out. It was not covered by the warranty because it was considered water damaged.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Jan 122016

Both front (L & R) windows operate very slowly when going up. So slowly, in fact, often "manual assistance" (the use of the driver's hand grasping the window-helping it up-as it S-L-O-w-L-Y rises) is required. Naturally, the 4 year bumper to bumper warrantee just expired 2 months ago. This is a disgrace! a 4 year old Cadillac(28K miles) with "$2" (cheap!!) window motors. And GM wonders why Mercedes, Lexus and BMW trump them every year. No mystery!

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Jul 242015

7/24/15 had sunroof serviced for recall.interior wet moldy, even hat in seat web. 7/26/15 could not open rear lift could repair for half rhe $1,200 cost, since the mileage was over 4 year warranty but had less than 48,000 mi. Could hear water after any admitted problem with sunroof was cause, but not covered.other fuses also located in rear block, fuel pump, wiper, rear windows..cannot open lift gate even no access to spare, etc.called Cadillac customer care many times, but they will not admit an obvious safety and design defect. Nor has ther been any advice not to operate or park during rain, or how to prevent further damage.

- Wantage, NJ, USA

Aug 292015

The contact owns a 2011 Cadillac Srx. When the contact entered the vehicle at a fuel station and attempted to start the vehicle, the vehicle did not detect the presence of the fobik key and would not start. The vehicle's anti-theft system engaged and locked the contact in the vehicle. The contact's spouse used his fobik key to unlock the vehicle. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or diagnosed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 17,000.

- Fleming Island , FL, USA

Apr 102013

SRX 6-cyl

From a complete stop, attempting to pull out into traffic, vehicle exhibits lag or hesitation when accelerating, even with accelerator pushed to the floor. This situation has the potential to become a safety issue in the event a driver is unable to accelerate adequately with oncoming traffic. Vehicle has the 3.0L vvt DOHC V6 sidi engine with a 6-speed automatic transmission, all wheel drive (AWD). Thank you.

- Clarkston, MI, USA

Jan 032011

The headlights - low beam - are the worst. I've been driving for over 40 years. When I complained to the dealership (crestview Cadillac - West covina, ca) that they were so bad I believed it is dangerous to drive at night, they said they didn't get any complaints from other drivers! I have to use my high beams all the time to be safe. I have had passengers tell me I don't have my headlamps on!! it's a very real problem. I have found several complaint pages on line. I believe they should do a recall on these cars and fix the problem. If I go to after market, I'm afraid ill nullify my warranty. Please help!

- Diamond Bar, CA, USA

May 142012

SRX 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated that when driving at any speed, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and advised the contact to take the vehicle back to the dealer for repairs. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 11V595000 (power train: Automatic transmission) but did not receive confirmation that the vehicle was included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 17,000 and the current mileage is 28,000. Updated 09/19/12 updated 09/27/12

- Ft. Myers, FL, USA

Jun 092011

On the 2011 Cadillac Srx there is no warning sounded if you leave your keyless ignition running and leave the vehicle. Yesterday, I inadvertently left the vehicle running and the car did not beep or give me any indication that I had done so. These keyless ignition systems are very dangerous because if you accidentally leave the car running in the garage you could inadvertently cause a carbon monoxide poisoning situation. It is a very unsafe feature that could be corrected with a simple warning signal. There needs to be some type of warning, a car horn beep or something to let the driver know that the vehicle is running when the driver leaves the vehicle.

- Highland Park, IL, USA