2011 Cadillac SRX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Cadillac SRX:

2011 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Jan 162016

The contact owns a 2011 Cadillac Srx. While driving 20 mph, the vehicle began to hesitate when the accelerator pedal was depressed. There were no warning lights illuminated. The failure occurred randomly. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the mass flow sensor failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. When the brake pedal was depressed, it traveled to the floorboard. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure could not be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 79,000....updated 04/26/16

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Oct 212015

The vehicle hesitates when accelerating on highway at about 40 to 50 mph. Vehicle just stalls out when driving.

- Thiells, NY, USA

Sep 202011

The first occurrence was in September 2011. I was headed to italy and had to drive my vehicle to atlanta so it could be inspected and shipped. The day before I received a total service from the dealership. That morning I pulled into the gas station to get gas. As I tried to pull off, the stabili trak light and check engine light came on and the car would not accelerate. I immediately turned the car off and waited a few minutes before turning it back on. After turning the car on I was able to put the car in drive and continue on my trip. The stabili trak light turned off however the check engine light remained on. I later called the dealership however, they could not state what the problem was and instructed me to reset the vehicle by turning it off and turning it back on after a couple of minutes. It happened one other time while in italy and I did what the dealership suggested and reset the vehicle. It seemed to be a temporary fix. Since returning back to the states, and being in my current residence for over a year, I began to receive safety recalls that were dated in the summer of 2014. I started to do research on all recalls for this particular make and model and found one relating to the transmission cable. My car has all the issues relating to the recall however my car was not placed on the list. I brought the matter up to a dealership close to my location and was told I would be held liable for the defects as the transmission cable recall did not relate to my vehicle.

- Fort Worth , TX, USA

Jan 052015

As I approached an intersection with a green traffic light a vehicle driving on the crossing street failed to stop at red light and I had to accelerate to avoid being hit and my vehicle failed to accelerate and almost got hit. As I tried to resume my travel and enter a freeway my car would not go over 35 miles per hour until I had to stop and shut off the engine and restart, it then functioned as it should. This is the second time this has happened upon acceleration. I then reported this to General Motors customer support and was told to take the vehicle to a dealer. I did and was told they found nothing wrong, and failed to repair. Upon researching I have found that this is a common problem with this 2011 Cadillac Srx.there are reports on a Cadillac user forum that have had the transmission computer module reflashed as a solution. I have mentioned this to cavender Cadillac of san antonio but they refused to attempt this solution.

- Eagle Pass, TX, USA

Jul 012014

SRX 6-cyl

Engine has created a bad acceleration. And air cond.malfunction.

- Desoto, MO, USA

Jun 112014

Experienced several instances of vehicle being very hesitant to accelerate which is dangerous when trying to enter interstate traffic. Being told that this is just a characteristic of the type of engine is not a good or professional response. Needs to be addressed by Cadillac.

- Ellenwood, GA, USA

Mar 022014

Driving down the road at 45 mph and engine dies. Complete lose of engine power, steering and braking. Has happened twice. Can only imagine what would happened if I had been driving on highway at 70 mph. Did manage to manhandle the car to the side of the road.

- Ochlocknee, GA, USA