2011 Cadillac SRX suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Cadillac SRX:

2011 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Nov 142014

SRX 6-cyl

Problems with completion/documentation of two recalls: My dealer (hendrix Cadillac, durham nc) claimed today, 14 Nov 2014, that they had already resolved NHTSA recall 14V571000 (GM 14457) on the rear suspension of my car on 02 Oct 2014. However, I only got the recall notice in early November, when GM's letter said that parts wouldn't be available until at least 10 Nov 2014. (report date is late Sept 2014.) on 02 Oct 2014, the dealer had told me they had that day resolved NHTSA 14V447000 (GM 14271) on the front seat adjusters of my car. Today the dealer tells me that recall is still pending for lack of solution, even though the report date was July 2014. Have they mixed up the two recalls? I am concerned that my car is not safe.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA

Jun 122014

SRX 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated while driving at various speeds, the vehicle became unstable and started to sway from side to side. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V571000 (suspension). However, the VIN was not listed under the NHTSA recall. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was notified of issue. The approximate failure mileage was 28,763. Updated 12/17/14 the consumer stated the pulling was intermittent but, strong. The vehicle would pull to either the left or the right. Updated 9/29/2015

- Beverly Hills, MI, USA

Jun 252014

I pulled out of a parking spot and then suddenly my car jolted to a stop. I had heard a snapping noise and the car wouldn't move forward or backwards. I looked at my tire only to find it was bowed in towards my car instead of away from it since the wheel should have been turned away from the car. Upon further review the tire rod had snapped. If the tire rod could easily snap as I was simply pulling out of a parking spot then it could have easily snapped while on the highway which would have resulted in injuries to myself and my child.

- Lewisville, TX, USA

Jan 042011

The contact owns a 2011 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated that whenever he drove over any uneven road surface, the vehicle would bounce excessively. The failure recurred when driving at any speed. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where they were unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 300.

- Buffalo Grove, IL, USA

Nov 292010

SRX 6-cyl

Rear suspension over the smallest drop in pavement smoothness causes heavy noise which feels like it's bottoming out, the noise is extremely loud and disconcerting. All passengers so far have commented on it. Cadillac says this is normal (the bottoming out sound) this is definitely not acceptable for a car of this cost. It's driving me up the wall waiting for the next bang !!!

- Long Valley, NJ, USA