2.7

2011 Cadillac SRX wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Cadillac SRX:

2011 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Sep 012015

SRX

3 of the 4 wheel bearing/hubs are bad. Need to replace three. Thought it was tires, but it is the wheel bearings. I have 114,000 miles on the vehicle and no power train warranty now. Has been like this for 50,000 miles and thought it was the tires I bought because it started right after new tires install.

- Lillian, AL, USA

Mar 052015

SRX 6-cyl

2011 Cadillac Srx with 20,000 miles on it had the entire wheel hub come apart. Bolts fell out and the remaining bolts were all loosened. This problem ruined the caliper and brakes. I was lucky that I was not driving on the highway very often as I could have had a very serious crash.

- Thornoton, CO, USA

Jun 252014

SRX

I pulled out of a parking spot and then suddenly my car jolted to a stop. I had heard a snapping noise and the car wouldn't move forward or backwards. I looked at my tire only to find it was bowed in towards my car instead of away from it since the wheel should have been turned away from the car. Upon further review the tire rod had snapped. If the tire rod could easily snap as I was simply pulling out of a parking spot then it could have easily snapped while on the highway which would have resulted in injuries to myself and my child.

- Lewisville, TX, USA

Mar 292014

SRX 6-cyl

I had a blow out on the Ohio turnpike. It was at that time I first came to know Cadillac no longer provided spare tires as standard equipment. There is a pump included which is useless in the case of a blow out. The issue is how can Cadillac be allowed to sell cars with out spare tires. It is obviously a safety device that should be mandatory.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Oct 072012

SRX

The contact owns a 2011 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated that he was driving approximately 50 mph when he noticed that the vehicle was driving awkwardly. The contact moved off the roadway and discovered that the tire had become flat from being punctured by a shard in the road. The contact went inside his trunk he found out that there was no spare tire in the vehicle, but instead a can of fix a flat. The contact stated that the vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic in which the front driver side tire was replaced. The contact called the manufacturer and they advised him that the vehicle came equipped with the option of a spare tire or the inflation device. The contact was not satisfied with the options available. The failure and current mileages were approximately 33,352. The VIN was unavailable.

- Blackwood, NJ, USA