2012 Cadillac SRX body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Cadillac SRX:

2012 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Nov 232015

SRX

When it rains the closed sunroof drains into both floor boards of the car, and into the back hatch floorboard whether driving or stationary. Soaking my feet while driving. This has also caused the electrical system that controls the liftgate to go out and it will not open even manually. It saturates the floor and is causing mold to grow underneath the carpet which I would think is a health risk especially for owners like me who have a child with asthma. This happens every time it rains or I wash my car. It has been a problem for almost a year.

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Jun 032016

SRX

Rear hatch does not stop after opening. It goes up and down several times then shuts. Slammed down and hit my wife on her shoulder. We cannot use the rear hatch due to safety concerns. Never been in an accident other than a small scrape on the side door. This needs to be addressed as soon as possible. Safety issue

- Spokane, WA, USA

Feb 042016

SRX

Car was damaged at gold coast Cadillac in oakhurst, New Jersey on February 4,2016. It was T-boned on the right passenger side rear door. It cost $11,622.15 to repair. The dealership is refusing to give me their insurance information.

- Basking Ridge, NJ, USA

May 222014

SRX 6-cyl

Pushed button to raise the rear hatch and hatch raised to the upper limit then quickly swung down, up to the full open position, swung down and up again wildly on its own and finally slamming closed with-enough force that it was unstoppable.....would have crushed a pet or child. There was no obstruction safety stop whatsoever.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Sep 122013

SRX 6-cyl

I was pulling in to a parking space at a local mall. As I turned my wheel my vehicle took off and I lost all control. The brakes were applied and the car wouldn't stop. Within a few seconds my vehicle hit 3 other parked vehicles pushing one in to another. I believe I had then experienced sudden acceleration. Three vehicles were towed away including mine. No tickets were issued.

- Scotia, NY, USA

Jun 142012

SRX

The contact owns a 2012 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated that while entering the rear of the vehicle, the rear hatch back door struck the contact's arms, resulting in injury. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was contacted. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 100 and the current mileage was 800.

- Pittsburg , PA, USA