2012 Cadillac SRX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Cadillac SRX:

2012 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Sep 102015

SRX

Driving and making a turn when my steering wheel and brakes locked up.

- Martinsburg , WV, USA

Nov 262014

SRX

Vehicle was parked in a driveway with a slight slant. Rear hatch was opened and we were unloading vehicle. Vehicle was in park and turned off. Approximately 5-10 minutes after exiting the vehicle, we went back outside to remove items from the rear. The vehicle started rolling away (tires turning, not a slide). A person in the group was able to catch it and jumped in the driver's door and applied the brake. Service dept reports they can find nothing wrong. I'm grateful we were able to catch it otherwise, someone could have been injured while unloading the rear or it could have rolled away and crashed while we were in the house.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Jan 152014

SRX 6-cyl

When breaking have a very unusual smell coming from the break. Vehicle has a 2 to 4 second delay when applying the gas. The hatch back will open by its self and sometimes close by it self.

- Scappoose, OR, USA

Sep 122013

SRX 6-cyl

I was pulling in to a parking space at a local mall. As I turned my wheel my vehicle took off and I lost all control. The brakes were applied and the car wouldn't stop. Within a few seconds my vehicle hit 3 other parked vehicles pushing one in to another. I believe I had then experienced sudden acceleration. Three vehicles were towed away including mine. No tickets were issued.

- Scotia, NY, USA

Dec 232011

SRX 6-cyl

Severe grinding or scrapping noise from front passenger side wheel area when turning at low speeds. Problem is only present during cold weather. Seems to diminish as vehicle is used but sometimes remains for long periods. Can be heard by bystanders and very well inside vehicle. Have had no luck with dealer.first few times said could not hear then next time said unsure of cause.

- Siiux Falls, SD, USA