2012 Cadillac SRX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Cadillac SRX:

2012 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Jan 072015

SRX 6-cyl

I was entering the freeway during rush hour traffic, and needed to cross 4 lanes of traffic. I got to the second lane and started to move into the third lane. When I pressed on the accelerator, it was as if I slammed on the brakes. The car had no power and would not accelerate for a few seconds. The car behind me nearly rear-ended me because there was no warning, no brake lights, since I was pressing on the accelerator, yet the car behaved as if I had hit the brakes. This is the 3rd near miss due to this happening. I have experienced this occasionally for the past year and a half, but it is happening more frequently now and I fear an accident is inevitable. I have taken it to the dealer but, since I couldn't make it happen on demand, they took no action. They said there were no diagnostic codes appearing. In that case, I don't see what difference it makes if I can reproduce it for a tech or not. If there are no codes appearing then my thorough description of the problem should be sufficient because the tech is not going to get any further information other than experiencing the loss of acceleration problem. There are others reporting this behavior on, and there was even a recall for the 2013 Srx for this behavior. I fear for my safety since I never know when this is going to happen as I try to accelerate, especially when entering another lane. Sometimes the car bucks and jerks back and forth a few times, other times it just acts like I hit the brakes and slows down, but eventually it accelerates and returns to normal behavior. Very disconcerting.

- Seatac, WA, USA

Sep 052014

I was attempting to gain speed when all of a sudden my vehicle lost acceleration and the engine rpms increased as if my vehicle was accelerating. I took it to the dealer and my transfer case module needs to be replaced.

- California, MD, USA

Jan 152014

SRX 6-cyl

When breaking have a very unusual smell coming from the break. Vehicle has a 2 to 4 second delay when applying the gas. The hatch back will open by its self and sometimes close by it self.

- Scappoose, OR, USA

May 232012

The contact owns a 2012 Cadillac Srx. The contact stated that the vehicle was exhibiting a 3-4 second delay in acceleration. The vehicle was not taken for inspection or repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 5,000 and the current mileage was 44,000.

- Clinton Township, MI, USA

Dec 182013

The contact owns a 2012 Cadillac Srx. The contact was driving approximately 60 mph when the vehicle experienced a sudden deceleration of speed. The vehicle was diagnosed at the dealer but the defect could not be duplicated and no repairs were performed. The contact indicated she experienced the failure recurringly. The manufacturer was notified and no solution was offered. The failure mileage was 280.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Sep 122013

SRX 6-cyl

I was pulling in to a parking space at a local mall. As I turned my wheel my vehicle took off and I lost all control. The brakes were applied and the car wouldn't stop. Within a few seconds my vehicle hit 3 other parked vehicles pushing one in to another. I believe I had then experienced sudden acceleration. Three vehicles were towed away including mine. No tickets were issued.

- Scotia, NY, USA

Jun 162013

SRX 6-cyl

The vehicle suddenly accelerated while slowing the vehicle while still in drive and while pulling the vehicle into a curb parking. The acceleration could not be stopped using brakes and struck a parked car in front of the Cadillac.

- Calabasas, CA, USA