2013 Cadillac SRX accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Cadillac SRX:

2013 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Oct 042013

It was a very pleasant Friday, October 4, 2013 at approximately 4pm. My sister and I were headed to petersburg, va from charlotte, nc. With only 50 miles to go on 85N we both heard what sounded like an extremely loud and close gun shot. I was driving and she was sleeping. It woke her up and scarred both of us to death. Not knowing what just happened she started looking around. The next thing we heard was glass breaking and falling on to the sunroof liner of the car. Luckily we were only a mile from a rest area. I pulled over, got out of the car, opened the back door to stand on the inside to be able to see on top and was in total shock at what I saw. One section of my sunroof had been broken. My car has a panoramic sunroof with two separate panels. The back panel was shattered into millions of tiny fragments. The glass continued to break and fall on to the liner. Small pieces managed to get through onto the back seat. I did the best I could in cleaning up the pieces. I called a state trooper and made a report, I called my insurance company and also onstar. I spent the weekend with no sunroof because the Cadillac service dept in va is not open on the weekend. It was a horrible experience being that I purchased my car on Tuesday and this happened on Friday. It's been a week and a half since I dropped my car off to be repaired and I can finally pick it up on tomorrow. I won't complain because it could have been worse, I am truly blessed.

- Charlotte, NC, USA