2005 Cadillac STS seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Cadillac STS:

2005 Cadillac STS Owner Comments

Jan 062015

STS

Passenger air bag warning is on. It was repaired once under warranty. I am now driving with no air bags because the defective module was replaced with a module from the same manufacturer that made the first defective one. If my car was a cts it would be repaired by Cadillac as hundreds of cts cars have been recalled for this reason. I have owned Cadillac most of my life. This may be the last one.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 072014

STS 6-cyl

I notice that my airbag light came on and a message saying service airbag soon, so I went to a mechanic and he told me that I can push the reset button and it should go off, well we pushed it and the light never went off. A week or two later I heard GM was doing a recall for that some problem but on later model luxury cars.

- Conway, SC, USA

Feb 042014

STS

Airbag sensor light came on 02/04/14 and will not go off. When called the Cadillac dealer they requested I pay for a diagnostic test to see why the light is on but it will not include the cost to repair. Is this a recall item?

- Salsibury, NC, USA

Nov 282013

STS

I was driving my 2005 Cadillac Sts doing about 45 miles and all of a sudden my car lost control. I put on brakes and my car would not stop. I tried steering to the left to avoid trees and my car would not turn it appeared that my accelerator was stuck and my steering wheel would not turn. My car hit three trees and when it struck the third tree I kept applying the brakes it still wouldn't stop then I turned my car off and that's the only way I got it to stop. My back wheel on the passenger side came off and my car was totaled. My air bag did not deploy. I spoke with gmac claims representative and he stated that it was normal for the air bag not to deploy. He also, stated that the air bag indicated that I had applied the accelerator when I know that I did not. I am terrified from this accident and this is the first accident I have ever had and I do not drink or take drugs. I asked the representative did the black box indicate that I had to turn the car off to stop it and representative stated no, then I asked him to tell me how the car stopped. If I had not turned the car off it would not have stopped and I would not be here today. Gmac denied my claim and stated that it was my fault.

- Cordova, TN, USA

Feb 012011

STS

2005 Sts Cadillac. Consumer states vehicles was involved in an accident and the airbags did not deploy

- Danville, IL, USA