2006 Cadillac STS miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Cadillac STS:

2006 Cadillac STS Owner Comments

Jan 112016

Hello,     I purchased a 2006 Sts V8 last January. Since then I have had to replace all four tires immediately, a starter, and the brakes and then replace front brake pads again.  I recently went to auto shop and was told catalytic converter and suspension need to be replaced.      after investigation I realized there was recalls on the 2005 Sts V8 model for the  brakes, suspension and the catalytic converter has an extended warranty of 12 years and 200000 miles.   the fact is that further investigation showed my car was built in 2005 and the actual manufacture date on vehical was 6/20/2005 which was last date of production for the 05 model.  the 2006 manufacture or build date began on 6/23/05.  it seems odd all the recalls for the 05 model are all the year old vehicle are faced with.  I called Cadillac and they said although the build date of vehicle is valid the VIN number is what is followed.  however, further research shows they actually found the same recall on the 05 catalytic converter on a 2007 Cadillac.      everything points to the fact that the  my 2006 model was actually either a late model of a 2005 by the build date of 6/20/05 and or the same parts have been used as the 2005 recall.  lastly the VIN number when I pulled up on a site showed it was actually a cts model.   I have spent a lot of time and have a great deal of data I could share that would back that my 2006 Sts V8 actually is part of the recall cars.    I understand the VIN number is what is looked at but when model year cars are being made and sold as different years than when they are produced and recalls effect the year of actual build this becomes very concerning.  as in the past year I will be spending over 3000$ plus dollars to fix this car.    I.hope you can look into.  as  they wont even investigate or give me the serial numbers for the parts being recalled

- Andover, MA, USA

Jan 182010

STS 6-cyl

After purchasing a used 2006 Sts AWD from Cadillac NJ in December 2009, wife noticed while making right hand turns on smooth pavement, car seems to stall temporarily not allowing me to accelerate for a few seconds and message traction active is displayed. January 18, 2010, I brought the car back to dealership to complain. They said prob bad gas in lines. Put new gas in and gas treatment for water in tank. Did that, didn't help. February 1, 2010 I returned to dealership to complain it was still doing it on occasion. I asked if there were any complaints on this vehicle. Got a no response. May 2010 brought car back to dealership to complain. By this time my wife has refused to drive it for safety reasons (people think she is letting them into oncoming traffic when car slows down). Looked on internet and found other complaints. I was told GM engineering is aware of issue and are working on solution. Made complaint to GM in Sept 2010 was told software update will be ready in 2 months. After getting dodged for 2 1/2 more years, made second complaint to GM April 2012. GM executive stated I can use a rental due to the seriousness of the condition losing power while driving. They said it was fixed. A week later it started again. GM executive and service manager of Cadillac called to say that the car was designed that way. There is no fix on it. I told them the 2011 Sts rental I drove did not have any problem losing power while in a turn. They said it is a different system. I said "so there was a problem with the old system". I was let out of the door with an offer from GM exec's, $4,500 off price of a new car at their dealership. I asked, what about safety? I told them I own a car that my wife refuses to drive due to loss of power. I only drive car because my wife drives my truck. GM knows of this safety issue. Service said problems on 2006-07 Sts's. information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6)

- Holmdel, NJ, USA