2008 Cadillac STS drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Cadillac STS:

2008 Cadillac STS Owner Comments

Jul 082009

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Sts. While driving at 45 mph, the vehicle kept accelerating while the brake pedal was depressed. The failure recurred three times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Kaleva, MI, USA

Feb 232015

STS 6-cyl

In cold weather car will not take off from the start and the motor bogs down and will not move in traffic for a couple of minutes creating a hazard to driver and on coming traffic ABS light comes on, stability light comes on if you restart the car all the errors go away but still stored on computer memory.

- Shelgy, MI, USA

Feb 092011

I purchased this car in January of 2010 from apple Chevrolet Cadillac located in york pa. When I purchased this car I bought it used however it still had the remaining manufactures powertrain warranty. It had 51,554 miles on it at the time of purchase. On Feb 9, 2011 I reported to heritage Cadillac in belair md. That I had an issue with the check engine light coming on and that I want to have that take care of before the warranty ran out. When I took the car there I was told that since the light had went out before I got there, there was no way they could tell what was wrong which I found out to be false because months later they were in fact able to check it with the check engine light being off. To make a long story short, since the first incident I have take my car back to heritage Cadillac 10 times for the same problem and I have paid them $4,212.08 (to maintain and allegedly repair the problem of the check engine light) today is November 15, 2012 and the light is still on. I have been told that they don't really know what is wrong and that they had to contact a Cadillac manufacture to get information but I will have to pay another $3,100 to fix the problem which may be fuel injectors and a transmission control module. I feel that my wife and I have been and are being take advantage of in this situation by a certified Cadillac service center. This problem should have been resolved when I first brought it to their attention when the car was still under warranty.

- Edgewood, MD, USA

Nov 282009

Own a 2008sts V --on making a right turn from a stop, the car lost power with no error messages, and full electrical power.would surge to about 3 mph--got to a spot where I could turn car off.stareted it up and the car was unable to diagnose probelm.feel its unsafe to drive and am pushing the dealer to contact GM engineering and find out what could cause that.

- Atlanta, GA, USA