1.4

2008 Cadillac STS engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Cadillac STS:

2008 Cadillac STS Owner Comments

Jan 102017

STS

Purchased vehicle 11- 2011 (65,498) 10-(2012) first ck engine light issue and every year since then I've taken it back to the dealership service for ck engine light last three years 2014-thry-16 now 17 the vehicle shuts off while I'm driving or sitting waiting for the traffic light to change this is a issue for me because I'm worried about getting rear ended my vehicle is in the kerbeck Cadillac service dealer since 1/19/2017 for the same issue check engine light came on and park to shift I've complain to GM customer service and case number on this issue, but they can't seem to fix their own vehicle in the mean time I', still paying for a unsafe vehicle, if the maker of the car can't correct their own issue then who can, why does issue have to fall in the consumer lap ? why do I have to drive and pay for this unsafe vehicle. No-one wants to correct this issue why keep giving me that ct back if they can't correct this safety issue, they keep blaming it on the mileage then why sell these vehicle with the outrage price tags knowing that it that be a safety issue in a few years once the vehicle is over 100,000 miles I've had the vehicle for five years (just put approx another 66,000 miles, so they are using this as excuse then don't sell cars with high miles. They should think about consumer safety not just the money. In the beginning the vehicle would be stationary then years pass while car is in motion city driving.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Nov 032016

STS

Check engine light on vehicle start shutting down while vehicle was in motion on a pa interstate and on a city street this has happened on serval occasion, then the park to shift lights comes on and the vehicle at that time is unable to shut off. At lease three time this year 2016 (Apr#7th Oct 26th and Nov 3rd each time the vehicle had to be towed, approx six time since I purchased the vehicle in Nov 2011.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Nov 212016

STS

The contact owns a 2008 Cadillac Sts. While driving approximately 45 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle restarted, but the failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V542000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure mileage was approximately 150,000.

- Henderson, KY, USA

Feb 092011

STS

I purchased this car in January of 2010 from apple Chevrolet Cadillac located in york pa. When I purchased this car I bought it used however it still had the remaining manufactures powertrain warranty. It had 51,554 miles on it at the time of purchase. On Feb 9, 2011 I reported to heritage Cadillac in belair md. That I had an issue with the check engine light coming on and that I want to have that take care of before the warranty ran out. When I took the car there I was told that since the light had went out before I got there, there was no way they could tell what was wrong which I found out to be false because months later they were in fact able to check it with the check engine light being off. To make a long story short, since the first incident I have take my car back to heritage Cadillac 10 times for the same problem and I have paid them $4,212.08 (to maintain and allegedly repair the problem of the check engine light) today is November 15, 2012 and the light is still on. I have been told that they don't really know what is wrong and that they had to contact a Cadillac manufacture to get information but I will have to pay another $3,100 to fix the problem which may be fuel injectors and a transmission control module. I feel that my wife and I have been and are being take advantage of in this situation by a certified Cadillac service center. This problem should have been resolved when I first brought it to their attention when the car was still under warranty.

- Edgewood, MD, USA