5.2

2013 Cadillac XTS engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Cadillac XTS:

2013 Cadillac XTS Owner Comments

Oct 052016

XTS

Car lost engine power, power steering, power breaks and all electrical function except for hazard lights. This has happened 7 times and I have taken it for two repairs. I have to cruise to a stop and restart the vehicle.

- Smithfield, KY, USA

Apr 222016

XTS

When the car is on idle either in park or drive, with the barake on the engine vibrates. This occurred with the ac off. I have 32K miles and I took it to my dealer in venice fl and the service rep didnt even allow it to go to the service technician. He got in the car with me and he said it was normal and recomended a fi cleaner. I am concerned that the car will hesitate and my family and I may het into an accident. I did some reasearch on line an apparently others have the same problwm but GM has no fix. Please help.

- North Port, FL, USA

Aug 102015

XTS

The contact owns a 2013 Cadillac Xts. While coming to a stop at 20 mph, the vehicle sputtered without warning and stalled. The vehicle was able to be restarted. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the battery cables needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred several times. A few times, the vehicle had to be towed to the dealer and would lock the contact in and out of the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 22,000.

- Naples, FL, USA

Dec 172015

XTS

My 2013 Xts with 23,000 miles just stopped. In the middle of the road because some vent screen had a tear in it. The air blew on the engine just shut off in the middle of a 3 lane road. Everyone please be cautious there was no warning it just shuttle down.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Nov 202015

XTS

The contact owns a 2013 Cadillac Xts. While the brake pedal was depressed, the push start button failed to start the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN and failure mileage were unknown.

- Westampton, NJ, USA

Sep 092013

XTS 6-cyl

While traveling in parking lot, another car pulled out in front of me. As I tried to brake to avoid a collision, I noticed it was taking an inordinate amount of brake pressure to slow down vehicle. Looked at tachometer and RPM's were over 4000 in drive and not losing speed. Applied brake pressure with both feet attempting to slow vehicle down. Had to slam vehicle in neutral and tap on accelerator pedal numerous times to return engine to idle RPM's. took vehicle to Cadillac dealer who advised computer said nothing occurred. This safety defect occurred again in April 2014 with same results. The dealership installed a computer monitor on vehicle after second incident, which has since been removed. Cadillac has been sent two letters regarding this incident and has taken no action except to advise them if it happens again. I really am not looking forward to this serious malfunction occurring again as it may result in unfortunate results.

- Topeka, KS, USA