1. install all new brake lines on vehicle (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup:

2001 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Owner Comments

Nov 112012

2500 Pickup LS 6.0L

Just experienced the rusty brake line problem going through my town on Sunday, there were cars stopped dead ahead I hit the brakes and pedal went to the floor could not stop the truck last second decision to run the truck off to the side of the road with the truck still in motion like threading a needle almost took out a telephone pole and kissed a guard rail had just enough room between the sitting car and guard rail crossed over the highway and finally wound up on a vacant lot and straight though a metal fence dented the fenders scratched the hell out of the hood broke the front grill scratched the wind shield, all due to the fact that 2 brake lines split (not popped split), one line had a 4'' split in it, this has gotta be the stupidest thing GM has ever done to save a tenth of a penny on cheap quality metal for brake lines that indeed rust, at the cost of a life. it is a miracle I didn't slam into the back of that stopped car or hurt anyone else. by the way when this happened the emergency brake failed also. after calming down and getting my heart out of my throat I walked to the owners house to let him know I broke his fence, so now I have to pay for that plus the damage to the truck. Now I was not far from home so I used the 4 wheel drive in 4 LO and had a friend as a spotter doing 5 miles an hour all the way home.This company had to know that these lines would eventually rust. anyway there should be a recall on this problem there are still plenty of this model truck on the roads today. if government is so gung ho on safety why would they let this happen. it is a on going problem that should be addressed.

- , Flanders, NJ, USA