5.3

$1,200.00

1. replace sending unit and gauge (2 reports)
  3. put a new floater in the tank (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup:

2001 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Owner Comments

Jan 012009

2500 Pickup V8

My 2001 Silverado 2500 series pickup has had the fuel tank level problem for some time now. When I inquired about how much it would cost to have it repaired, ($700) I decided that maybe I could live with it. The biggest problem with what was described to me as the problem, may not have be the solution. Guess what the next cure was supposed to cost, You guessed it, ($700). Now I'm not sure what the rest of you consider to be chump change, but this seems to be a bit much to pay for no guaranty that the problem won't come back. If anyone has found a sure cure to this problem, please let the rest of us know.

Please! everyone, check your break lines for heavy corrosion problems, I lent my truck to our son to pick up a baby bed and while he was using the truck the brake lines burst leaving him with absolutely no brakes. The cost to replace was close to $1000.

- , Covington, KY, USA

Dec 082007

2500 Pickup 2500HD 6.0L

I am very disappointed with this product. With less than 100000 miles and having problems like this, not impressive, GM can't figure why the company is slowing going under. My friend has a new tundra, he will never buy another american product unless they can build Japanese quality, sad isn't it. This is one of the many problems we had with this slapped together piece of junk. Too bad because it is a nice truck to drive, almost as nice as a Tundra.

- , Coldbrook, Nova Scotia, Canada

May 202006

2500 Pickup 2500 HD

I fill up, regardless of amount of fuel, and gas gauge goes to empty and the empty light comes on..... drive awhile and they intermittently somewhat work....@ about 23 miles it will level out and for the most part work ok. The lite flashing and gas needle bouncing create a distraction from my "eyes on the road".

- , Port Neches, TX, USA