- June 27: GM Recalls Chevrolet SS Cars Over Loss of Power Steering recalls | 0 days ago
- June 21: Chevrolet HHR Owner Says Ignition Switch Caused Crash news | 6 days ago
- June 18: GM Self-Driving Cars Ready For Action news | 9 days ago
- June 13: Chevy Corvette Z06 Lawsuit Says Cars Enter 'Limp Mode' news | 14 days ago
- May 31: General Motors Still Battling Ignition Switch Lawsuits news | 27 days ago
2000 Chevrolet Astro Van
body / paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Chevy Astro Van has a solid reputation with very low complaint rates. The only problem now is finding one with low miles.
Not only is the 2000 Astro Van reliable, but since they were built on a truck powertrain, they can tow 5,500/5,000 lbs (RWD/AWD) -- almost double what other minivans can.
The Chevy Astro is mechanically identical to the GMC Safari.
Worst 2000 Astro Van body / paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- doors won't open1
- front frame rusted out & separating1
- window trim cracking1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 8
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door: Hinge And Attachments4
- NHTSA: Structure2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate: Hinge And ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Astro Van Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Astro Van compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Astro Van overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Astro Van.