2003 Chevrolet Avalanche accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Jan 242015

The contact owns a 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500. The contact stated while driving approximately 5 mph, the drivers seat reclined independently, which caused the contact to crash with another vehicle. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was unknown.

- Green Bay, WI, USA

Jan 012003

I'm been having major back problems caused by a defect in how the driver's seat were manufactured in my 2003 Chevy Avalanche. I'm not alone; a quick search reveals that many others are as well and GM will do little to nothing to help resolve these issues.;wap2 the issue is the heavy piece of metal that's exposed as you adjust the driver's seat. It presses against your left glut causing gradual but prolonged injury to your back, hip, and glut. Researching this issue I've seen others attempt to recushion their seats, without success. Some thought to swap the seat out right, but there aren't any other GM seats available with a similar wiring harness that will work. Adjustments to the driver's seat is not the issue I've tried several iterations without any success. It's that huge chunk of metal that I'm forced to sit on that's causing the problem. It was a poorly conceived design and GM should be forced to do something about it. I'm married to this vehicle for the next 11 years whether I like it or not. With young ones, I can't afford to just buy a new one. GM apparently swaps seat manufactures often and paid no attention to this issue in the design of the Avalanche. I feel it must be their responsibility to properly satisfy the damage and pain they've inflicted on myself and others with such a poor decision.

- Columbia, MD, USA