9.0

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Oct 152013

Avalanche V8

I have had the brakes replaced twice since owning this vehicle bought used with 45K miles and which now has 77K miles. It has always had a soft pedal and doesn't stop in a normal distance. I must always start braking early. The abs system will not work unless I am on ice. Last year I was driving to town (we live in the country) and was approaching a highway stop. When I applied the brakes the pedal went immediately to the floor. No brakes what so ever! I downshifted and pulled it into the ditch and was able to stop safely. When I had it towed to the dealer they said the brake lines had failed and needed replaced, To do this they said the cab had to be raised and that it would be very expensive (which it was). After replacement the pedal was still soft and there is no way it will lock up the brakes. I am afraid it will happen again. When will Chevy admit there is a problem and take care of it before someone is injured badly or killed?

- , Colfax, IL, USA

Dec 112002

Avalanche LTZ 5.7L

The brakes were absolutely terrible from the day it was purchased new. All 4 rotors rusted out and were replaced with pads at 50,000 kilometers. GM offered no solution. I have since purchased a 2012 Ford F150 Lariat and now have 12,000 kilometers and have not had to return to dealer with any complaints. GM has lost my business.

- , Markham, Ontario, Canada