2003 Chevrolet Avalanche engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Nov 152010

Avalanche V8

Last week my low oil level light came on. This is about the third time it has happened. The first time the bolts backed out of the manifold. Then it happened again thousands of miles later which I didn't take note of since a die test proved nothing. Now at 71,000 miles it has happened again. The Chevy dealer is doing a milage test. I was wondering if anyone has found an answer for this problem? I used 2 quarts in less then 2000 miles. I love my truck and don't want to sell it but I can't afford a major engine rebuild especially since I don't have an extended warranty.

- , Winfield, IL, USA