2003 Chevrolet Avalanche exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Jan 152007

Avalanche 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2003 Chevy Avalanche Z71 with 59000 miles. I noticed my vehicle being very sluggish the day before. When I left for work, I could barely get up to 50 mph, in order for me to stay at 50 mph I would have to reach 3000 RPM. After I turned down a side road, I could only get up to 20 mph at 3000 RPM. I pulled over and called for help. I took it to a Chevy dealership. They found the intake gasket was bad which caused the converters to fail and clog up the Y pipe. It's hard to believe this happened with only 59000 miles. I take great care of my Avalanche. I've read on forums where there is a lot of people that is having the same problem with the same type of truck and year. The dealership replaced the gasket, both converters, Y-pipe and the O2 sensors.

- Toledo, OH, USA