2003 Chevrolet Avalanche lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Jul 122010

The contact owns a 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche. While driving approximately 65 mph, the instrument panel failed. In addition, the driver side headlight failed. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the instrument panel needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Baldwin Park, CA, USA

Nov 152010

I have a 2003 Avalanche with approx.113000 miles. Recently while driving in a MINIshopping center I went to turn into a parking spot and my steering wheel locked on me. I could not move my steering wheel at all. I then put my truck in park and turned the ignition off and cranked it back up and my steering wheel immediately unlocked. On that Friday while driving on interstate 264E coming of exit my steering locked again. Fortunately there was no vehicle behind me, and I was able to shut the vehicle off and turn it back on to unlock the steering wheel. On both occasions I was driving at two different speeds. My vehicle is currently in the shop. Is there a recall in the works? this is so dangerous.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Mar 072007

Avalanche 4WD

The right turn signal assemble fell off my vehicle and had to be replaced- the housing bolts had broken off - I was informed this was not covered under warranty. 1 year and 3 months later I have the same problem again and was told that even though it had been replaced already at my expense since it was over a year I would have to pay for it again. How can the same thing happen? this is dangerous as the lamp and housing fell out and were dangling on my vehicle with a small wire as I drove, unaware of the problem until I had stopped.

- Lake George, CO, USA