2003 Chevrolet Avalanche miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Jun 062005

Avalanche 8-cyl

The rear window in my Avalanche) I was washing my truck and took out the rear window to clean it and I notice that the rubber that is around it, is totally cracked on the driver side and in the otherside its staring to crack my question is do I have to check with other Avalanche owners to see if thats only on mine or depends on how many letters about this you recive.

- El Paso , TX, USA

Aug 152004

Avalanche 4WD 8-cyl

I was removing the rubber mat in the bed of the 2003 Avalanche truck to clean it. To remove the mat you must first remove the plastic transition plate at the front, just behind the rear seat. To remove this plate you must slide your finger under it to pop it up. As you slide your finger under it you will slice your fingers on the razor sharp plastic. I sliced my fingers to the bone, the cuts should have had stitches but I butterfly bandaged them. I have not corrected the problem as of yet, but I think filing down the sharp edge would prevent this from happening again.

- Stansbury Park , UT, USA