2004 Chevrolet Avalanche brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Feb 192007

Avalanche 4WD 8-cyl

When replacing (for the first time) the rear brakes on my 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche at 28,767 miles, I was informed by the dealership that the rear rotors had severe corrosion. The rotors were pitted such that they would require replacement. I asked about my 3-year bumper-to-bumper warranty because there was nothing I did to cause the defect. The dealership said that GM would not warranty the rotors. I contacted GM to inquire about the corrosion and their warranty as published in the sales brochure and warranty booklet. Plus, I have owned GM products for 30 years and never had any corrosion; brakes or otherwise. They replied that there was no defect in the parts; and that's it. As far as they are concerned, case closed.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA