2004 Chevrolet Avalanche engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Oct 102015

Avalanche 5.3L

low oil pressure warning, oil gauge registers around 80psi

I just recently purchased this 2004 Chevy Avalanche with 65,950 miles on it. The third week of driving I noticed the oil pressure gauge up around 80 psi, when I had to apply the brakes a bit hard the oil pressure would dip down to approx. 50 psi and then the low oil pressure warning would come on. I have the checked the oil level and it is perfect, there is no noise or knocking in the engine at any time, the truck runs perfect. I have check other venues for this problem and every thing or every one points to the oil pressure sending unit or the oil pressure switch.

I'm looking for some answers and or suggestions, I am mechanically inclined and have work on my vehicles in the past, also I do know what my limits are.

- , Huntingtown, MD, USA