1. need lifter replaced or new engine (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Avalanche engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Aug 042013

Just had the radiator replaced twice in past 3 months. Now the engine knocks in the morning for a couple minutes. Took it to repair shop and they want to charge $3500. to repair or $5000 to replace the engine. Let's see, we've owned the truck since new in 2004, and have had the the dash torn apart a couple times because of all the electrical problems (ie, airbags (light still on), air conditioning (twice), passenger window electrical replaced twice, driver seat electricals replaced once, the shocks) and this is just what I remember. I'm confident the list continues once I pull out all the repair bills. My husband loves this truck, but I don't think it's worth keeping. grrrr!!! Took six years to finally pay it off and we are still paying for it!

- , Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Jul 102006

Avalanche LS 5.3L

This knock is annoying. I know it's a huge problem and it seems everyone that has this engine has it. They need to do something.

- , Fayetteville, AR, USA