5.3

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Apr 022005

Avalanche 4WD 8-cyl

While driving my 2004 chev, Avalanche down a dirt road I experienced a loud noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. As I slowed down the sound got louder and gave a snap sound. I was alble to keep the vehicle on the road, but later learned I was experiencing a cracked alinium rim. We have called the dealer ship as the truck has 17,500 miles on the rim. They need to inspect the old rim to make sure we did not damage it in any way. Why would I ? it is so hard to change a tire on the avalance, not to mention I could have been killed. If the tire passes inspection then we might have a new rim.

- Unity, ME, USA