- September 17: GM Says Takata Airbag Recall of 980,000 Vehicles is Unnecessary news | 11 days ago
- September 9: General Motors Recalls 4 Million Vehicles recalls | 19 days ago
- August 27: GM Recalls 383,000 Cars, SUVs and Police Pursuit Vehicles recalls | 32 days ago
- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 42 days ago
- July 29: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Over Missing Headlight Codes recalls | 61 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche
CarComplaints.com Notes: It didn't take long for the cladding to fade, discolor, and in some cases crack. Cladding is the protective plastic piece that runs along the outside of vehicles, and exposure to both heat and UV rays give the Avalanche's cladding a chalky, faded appearance.
Owners have said the problem is especially bad on the panels near the cargo bed. Eventually, GM agreed to a one-time treatment of ArmorDillo, a protective treatment similar to what you find in any auto shop. Unfortunately, that would only help for 6 months (on average).
Eventually, GM offered another coating solution for owners within the 3 year / 36,000 mile original warranty under TSB:04-08-111-001C.
Worst 2005 Avalanche steering Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Avalanche Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Avalanche compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Avalanche overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Avalanche.