- April 18: Cars Without Airbags Receive 'Zero' Stars in Safety Tests news | 12 days ago
- April 16: GM Recalls 1 Million Chevy and GMC Trucks recalls | 14 days ago
- April 11: GM Up 3 to 1 in New York Ignition Switch Trials news | 19 days ago
- March 29: Call the Cops! Chevrolet Caprice Police Cars Recalled recalls | 32 days ago
- March 26: GM Recalls Chevy Malibu To Replace Side Airbag Modules recalls | 35 days ago
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche
CarComplaints.com Notes: It didn't take long for the cladding to fade, discolor, and in some cases crack. Cladding is the protective plastic piece that runs along the outside of vehicles, and exposure to both heat and UV rays give the Avalanche's cladding a chalky, faded appearance.
Owners have said the problem is especially bad on the panels near the cargo bed. Eventually, GM agreed to a one-time treatment of ArmorDillo, a protective treatment similar to what you find in any auto shop. Unfortunately, that would only help for 6 months (on average).
Eventually, GM offered another coating solution for owners within the 3 year / 36,000 mile original warranty under TSB:04-08-111-001C.
Worst 2005 Avalanche steering Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Avalanche Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Avalanche compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Avalanche overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Avalanche.